An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the iconic Burgh Island Hotel. We are now looking for passionate people that would like to join the fantastic team to deliver an excellent and memorable experience to all of our guests.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Breakfast & cleaning/Pilchard
1. To only use Hotel approved suppliers for food and drink.
2. To only use Hotel approved chemicals and substances correctly and safely following certain procedures and by using correct dilution ratios.
3. To only use chemicals for which you have received relevant COSHH training
4. To ensure that requirements for food stock, new equipment and chemicals are notified to the Departmental Manager/Director of Food & Beverage with sufficient notice to ensure deliveries arrive before stock levels run out.
5. To ensure the safety of Hotel and Pilchard Inn users during opening hours. This includes relevant use of warning signage and appropriate cleaning materials.
6. To prepare the restaurants and bars ensuring quality and standards are adhered to.
7. To welcome guests, seat them and advise them of their choices for relevant time of the day.
8. To be aware of guest allergies
9. To advise guests with allergies of which dishes on the menu are and are not suitable for them
10. Ensure the guests receive efficient, friendly service.
11. To keep the stock refreshed throughout service.
12. To clean and restock the coffee machine and the surrounding area.
13. To clean and re-set the restaurants and bars.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Restaurant/Bars/Pilchard
1. Take orders from guests for food or beverages, and using EPOS systems enter these accurately onto till prior to its service
2. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
3. Collect payments from customers.
4. Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
5. Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request. Inform customers of daily specials
6. Be able to explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, allergens and cooking methods.
7. To be aware of guest allergies
8. To advise guests with allergies of which dishes on the menu are and are not suitable for them
9. Describe and recommend wines to customers and promote any current promoting
10. Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
11. Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
12. Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning. Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
13. Perform food preparation duties such as preparing buffets, preparing toast and brewing coffee.
14. To prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
15. Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
16. Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
17. Assist host or host by answering phones to take reservations or room service orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
18. Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out rubbish, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
19. Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiments, etc.
20. Provide guests with information about the hotel and about local areas, including giving directions.
21. Ensure opening & closing duties are performed as per the departmental SOPs
22. Perform any cashing up duties ensuring that all cash activities, credit card/room charges and vouchers balance and if not, that these are flagged up to your Departmental Manager.
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bigbury on Sea TQ7 4BG: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- waiting: 1 year (preferred)
23. To follow Hotels procedures should staff require to exit the building for any reason.
24. To feed back any matters of concern as soon as possible to the Hotel Manager
25. Ensure you follow daily checklist to maintain hotel standards
Health and Safety
As a member of staff you are responsible for the safety and welfare of any staff under your direct control, and you must therefore have knowledge of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and relevant instructions to your area of work. Any matter which you consider requires attention in this respect is your responsibility to report following the correct procedures, or to the Health and Safety Manager. Copies of the current Health & Safety Policy and Safety Procedures are available in the Hotel.