The iconic Burgh Island Hotel in Devon is a bucket list destination for many, but what is Island life really like? We’re totally unique, beautifully eccentric, we love creating memorable experiences, and we also remain a little bit of a mystery! Above all, we are here for our guests and we thrive on delivering the best service possible. If our description and your description match, a future at Burgh Island could be in the offing.
We’re looking for talented assistant cafe & pub manager to work within our excellent and hardworking team in Pilchard. Built in 1336, The Pilchard Inn has been quenching the inhabitants of Devon's thirst for over 700 years and both hotel guests and public can experience unique and cosy atmosphere while enjoying a great food and service. We have various positions available and we believe that the right attitude to work can be just as important as experience, so please do come talk to us.
Many of our people live and work in this beautiful location and, whilst we all work really hard, we also know the very best ways to spend our free time. From paddle boarding to kayaking, and from cosy nights in The Pilchard to reading up about our many famous historical guests, it’s definitely a lifestyle career at Burgh.
Relocation to the island (TQ7 4BG) or its immediate surrounds is crucial due to the nature of the role, but you will be hard-pressed to find a more glorious place to live whether for one year or ten.
We’re regularly seen in Vogue, Tatler, Harper’s Bazaar and other such glossies and so if you’re looking for a stellar career in a dynamic but nurturing environment then here it is.
What we would like to see in your application:
- A vibrant, engaging personality, ready to make every guest’s stay special
- A positive attitude and passion for the product
- Attention to detail, and keen understanding of the importance of customer service
- Someone who embraces change and innovation
- A people person with the ability to show respect, empathy, and care to all team members
- Excellent communication skills
- High quality F&B experience is appreciated
What we will ask of you:
- Work closely with the F&B Manager to keep the business running smoothly every day
- Supervise, direct and motivate the cafe & pub staff
- Assist with Menu Preparation, Cash Control, P&L analysis
- Maintain regularly stock levels and inventory
- Take responsibility for your role, to maintain exceptional levels of customer service, and to take personal pride in delivering an excellent guest experience
- Understand and embody the brand standards and ethos
- Maintain excellent standards of personal presentation
- Greet, take orders and service customers, providing detailed information on menus, collecting the bill
- Be willing to learn, to grow and to try new things
- Be excited to contribute your own ideas to improve the Burgh experience
What you can expect from us:
- A warm welcome and supportive colleagues
- A culture of friendliness and a passion for creating unique experiences
- Determination to understand our people’s strengths, and deploy them in the best possible way
- An opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, working together to drive the business towards success
- An emphasis on change management and innovation
- Generous staff discounts and free stays throughout the Inn-telligence group, plus friends & family discounts
- Meals on duty, and assistance with accommodation needs
- Length of service rewards