- Encourage and further develop culture of providing a personalised service to each guest.
- Ensure all guests needs are catered for, no matter the demographic. Ensure we have the specific services that every guest may need.
- Promote more locality and provenance in products offered
- Promote more detailed / funnelled feedback from guests
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analysing and planning restaurant service to ensure coherent and clear service style
- Ensuring rotas are completed and live as per company standard
- Ensuring that the team get a balanced work/life balance with rotas reflecting this ethos
- Ensuring effective shift planning as per agreement with Line manager
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Preparation of purchase orders for required equipment
- Planning and co-ordinating menus with the Exec chef and Functions manager
- Liaise with Bar manager and Sommelier to ensure stock levels are correct with customer expectations
- Co-ordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the Company’s uniform standards.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organising and supervising any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Visible head of operation to customers
- To be constantly vigilant in respect of H+S issues and report risks
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Organising cleaning rotas and records for bar and back of house areas.
- Taking responsibility of all HR matters and keeping up-to-date with staff HR files.
- Ensure all emergency procedures are viable and communicated.
- To be constantly vigilant of security risks and immediately report any suspicious incidents
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash when required.
- Helping in any area of the bar/restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Attend meetings as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bigbury on Sea TQ7 4BG: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Job Type: Restaurant Manager
- Job Hours: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £29,000 - £35,000 per year
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Expected start date