At Burgh Island Hotel, we have one mission – to deliver hospitality from the heart.
To help us with this, we are looking for fantastic and talented people that have a passion for delighting our guests and providing truly memorable moments.
We’re a close-knit and supportive team at Burgh Island Hotel who strive for excellence, and we have fun achieving it! We hire on attitude, values and personality and always show flexibility to help accommodate your needs. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
Who are we looking for?
- fun, bubbly and energetic people – experience is not essential, but an eagerness to do well is;
- a passion for great food, coffees, cocktails and wine;
- a desire to delight every guest,
- and, working well in a team, but can also use your own initiative
We’d love it if you:
- had some experience serving or hosting in a luxury hospitality environment;
- are empathetic with a talent for building rapport, and reading each guest’s desired level of interaction;
- are able to efficiently communicate and prioritize tasks, and
- have a passion for guest service, as well as food and drinks.
What’s in it for you:
- being part of the Burgh Island Hotel family – our culture is unique and supportive;
- we will entrust, empower and train you to fulfil your potential;
- you’ll benefit from training and development opportunities;
- a competitive salary and benefits;
- employee assistance programme;
- and last but not least, you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people
Burgh Island hotel is located on its own island accessible via Bigbury on Sea. It’s a vibrant and exciting working environment that also celebrates the history of Art Deco and supports our oceans and wildlife.
Our people are what bring guest experiences to life. Every person who works at Burgh Island Hotel is passionate about what they do, delivering exceptional service, superior knowledge and a drive to delight every single guest.
We offer training and career development. We just ask that you bring a ‘can-do’ attitude, a desire to exceed expectations, a bubbly and outgoing personality, and we will help you to unlock your potential and reach new heights in your career.
And if you’re thinking about relocating to the area to work alongside us, great! We can support this with offering accommodation a stone’s throw away from Burgh Island Hotel.
Health and Safety
As a member of staff you are responsible for the safety and welfare of any staff under your direct control, and you must therefore have knowledge of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and relevant instructions to your area of work. Any matter which you consider requires attention in this respect is your responsibility to report following the correct procedures, or to the Health and Safety Manager. Copies of the current Health & Safety Policy and Safety Procedures are available in the Hotel.
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bigbury on Sea TQ7 4BG: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Job Hours: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: Up to £22,386.00 per year based on 40 hours
- Additional leave
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Expected start date