A unique opportunity has arisen for our famous Bar at Burgh Island to require a Bartender/Mixologist.
- Ensure that guest experience in the bar is smooth, seamless and appropriate, ensure all guests are given a warm and friendly welcome.
- Ensure all food/garnish is fresh and ready before the service and all beverages are prepared/made according to specification and delivered accordingly.
- Be able to build and maintain long term relationships with regular guests
- Be able to recommend and up-sell wine and beverages.
- Deliver food & beverage service in the Bar area and support both restaurants in the food & drinks delivery if needed.
- Be able to explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and allergens (if necessary)
- To continually build products knowledge and bar skills
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Take food and beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons, and using EPOS systems enter these accurately onto till. Collect money for drinks served or transfer to rooms immediately.
- Maintain cleanliness of bars, work areas and tables throughout shift.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Be an ambassador for the bar and the hotel. Recommend other services (restaurant, rooms) to patrons
- Provide guests with information about the hotel and about local areas, including giving directions.
- To assist the Restaurant team with the running of service as and when required
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Job Type: Cocktail Bartender/Mixologist
- Job Hours: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £10.50-£12.50 per hour
Discounted or free food
Expected start date