A career at Burgh Island is completely unique and is not for the feint hearted. Island life brings with it a number of challenges in terms of location and working hours. The reward will be to establish a successful team and business that is striving for recognition. Our plans for the future are incredibly exciting and we believe that our Head Chef will play a key part in developing the overall Burgh Island experience.
Why Choose this role?
We are offering a fantastic package for a career driven Head Chef wanting to excel in their new job, the successful candidate can expect to earn competitive rates of pay along with the opportunity of career progression and job security. Furthermore, you will be working with some of the finest locally sourced ingredients to produce the spectacular fine dining menu with ambitions to be recognised. Moreover, there is the opportunity of living in for any chef looking to relocate to this beautiful part of the south Devon coast.
- £35,000 per annum
- Share of tips
- Mixture of straights and splits
- Monthly pay
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Government Pension scheme
Requirements for the role:
- Wants to be part of a progressive and forward-thinking business.
- A clear understanding of managing food costs
- Deliver an exceptional dining experience for our guests across all areas of food service
- Work with our senior team across our business so it can flourish
- Work well in a team as well as independently.
- Support and inspire your team to deliver our unique and genuine experiences
- Be at the helm of your ship at the busiest times
- Organise and oversee all aspects of the day to day running, consistently delivering and maintaining food offering that responds to demand
- Ensuring the kitchen is a safe and clean environment
- Someone with a background of preparing fresh ingredients.
- Must have previous experience in a Rosette restaurant/hotel.
- Previous experience in a fine dining setting.
- Proven successful track record of working within professional kitchens.
- You may need your own means of transport due to the location of the business.
- Job Type: Head Chef
- Job Hours: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £35k
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Discounted or free food
Expected start date