Our favourite things to do
Here’s a few recommendations from our team at Southernhay House of our favourtie things to see and do.
- Mokko – for interior design, off the wall gifts and alternative essentials, in the quirky Gandy Street – 15 minutes from SH.
- Lorna Ruby – for fashion with a twist, just off Cathedral Close – 10 minutes from SH.
- Hyde and Seek – for arty gifts with a personal touch in Paris Street – 10 minutes from SH.
- Lotus Lofts Yoga Centre – for the best and most personal drop-in yoga classes in Exeter – 3 minutes from SH.
- The Phoenix Arts Centre – where mainstream meets alternative in the heart of Exeter city – 15 minutes from SH.
- The Cavern – for live gigs from some of Exeter’s finest local indie bands – 20 minutes from SH.
- The BikeShed Theatre – for independent and often experimental theatre productions and a down to earth bar and pie shop – 20 minutes from SH.
- Local gym Anytime Fitness – download a free trial pass – 2 minutes from SH.
- The canoeing and watersports centre in the Quay is great for tuition, tasters and a few energetic hours on the estuary – 20 minutes from SH.
- TOPOS art space project where you can find contemporary arts projects displayed and curated by local talent – 15 minutes from SH.
- Brook Gallery and Consultancy where Angela will take you through the 20th century and contemporary prints for sale – 5 minutes from SH.
- Maker Maker is just one of the independent and unusual shops in nearby Magdalen Road, with a fine collection of ukuleles and found objects – 15 minutes from SH.